What makes Oxford unique
Oxford University is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world. It is known for its academic excellence, its beautiful campus, and its rich history. Here are some of the things that make Oxford unique:
- History: Oxford was founded in the 11th century, making it one of the oldest universities in the world. It has a rich history and tradition, and its alumni include some of the most famous and influential people in the world.
- Academics: Oxford is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world. It offers a wide range of courses, from the humanities to the sciences, and its graduates go on to achieve great things in all walks of life.
- Tutorial system: Oxford's tutorial system is one of its most distinctive features. In tutorials, students meet with their tutors in small groups to discuss their work. This allows for close personal attention and individual feedback.
- Colleges: Oxford is a collegiate university, which means that students are members of a college as well as the university. This gives students a sense of belonging and support, and it also provides them with access to a wide range of facilities and resources.
- Location: Oxford is located in a beautiful city in the heart of England. This gives students the opportunity to live and study in a historic and vibrant city.
The tutorial system
Oxford's tutorial system is one of its most distinctive features. In tutorials, students meet with their tutors in small groups to discuss their work. This allows for close personal attention and individual feedback. This is in contrast to many other universities, where students may only have a few lectures per week and little opportunity for individual interaction with their professors.Learn More
The collegiate system
Oxford is a collegiate university, which means that students are members of a college as well as the university. This gives students a sense of belonging and support, and it also provides them with access to a wide range of facilities and resources. Each college has its own library, dining hall, and other facilities, and students are encouraged to participate in college life.Learn More
The city of Oxford
Oxford is a beautiful city in the heart of England. It is home to many historical landmarks, including the Bodleian Library, Christ Church College, and the Radcliffe Camera. The city is also home to a vibrant arts and culture scene, with many theaters, museums, and galleries.Learn More
The alumni network
Oxford has a strong alumni network that can provide students with support and opportunities after graduation. This network includes some of the most successful people in the world, from politicians and business leaders to scientists and artists.Learn More
The ethos of intellectual curiosity
Oxford is a place where students are encouraged to ask questions and challenge the status quo. This ethos of intellectual curiosity is one of the things that makes Oxford such a special place to study.Learn More
Oxford Summer Courses
Our summer courses give students from around the world the opportunity to explore a subject of interest in a small-class setting with Oxford-style teaching.
Science, Technology & Society (STS)
Oxbridge Summer Scholars is committed to bringing world-class education from the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge to students around the world. Science, Technology, and Society is a dynamic interdisciplinary area of study providing scholars with a well-rounded skillset for the 21st Century.
Humanities, Social Impact & Business Leadership (HSIBL)
Oxbridge Summer Scholars is committed to bringing world-class education from the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge to students around the world. The Humanities, Social Impact & Business Leadership stream combines the study of disciplines such as human, social and political sciences, with a commitment to making a positive difference in the world.
Art, Design & Architecture (ADA)
Oxbridge Summer Scholars is committed to bringing world-class education from the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge to students around the world. The Art, Design & Architecture stream is an opportunity for students to develop their creativity and thrive in a collaborative environment.
Oxford University is a vibrant and diverse community with a wide range of activities and events to offer its students. Here are just a few of the things that you can do on campus:
- Attend lectures and tutorials: Oxford is a research-intensive university, so there are always lectures and tutorials taking place on campus. This is where you will learn the material for your courses and get feedback from your tutors.
- Join a club or society: There are over 300 clubs and societies at Oxford, so there is something for everyone. Whether you are interested in sports, music, drama, or something else entirely, you are sure to find a club or society that you can join.
- Go to the pub: Oxford has a thriving pub scene, so you are never far from a pint of beer or a glass of wine. Many of the pubs also have live music, so you can enjoy a night out with friends.
- Explore the city: Oxford is a beautiful city with a lot to offer visitors. You can wander around the historic streets, visit the many museums and galleries, or take a punt on the River Thames.
- Go to a sporting event: Oxford is home to a number of sports teams, including the Oxford University Boat Club, which competes in the annual Oxford vs Cambridge boat race. You can also watch matches of football, rugby, cricket, and other sports.
- Attend a cultural event: Oxford hosts a number of cultural events throughout the year, including concerts, plays, and art exhibitions. You can find out about upcoming events on the university's website.
Campus life at Oxford is a vibrant and exciting experience. With so much to do and see, you are sure to find something that you enjoy.